– Got a part time job at a pretty cool place
– Gonna have to work my behind off to help get Halloween ready for moi and for the bebes
– Screamin’ Halloween mix including Marilyn Manson, Kerli, Ghostbusters, Cobra Starship, Britney Spears, Tom Waits, Jonathan Coulton, Black Keys, Frank Sinatra, and a cross-dressing Chiwetel Ejiofor.
Source: DVD Town
– Crafts Materials: Exacto blades, pumpkins, gold spray paint, spools of thread, aluminum foil, old newspapers, glue, paper.
– Craziness and crazy busy-ness ensue.
Well, that and pumpkin pie.
Thanksgiving Day. What a fucking joke. Although I’m coming to a belated yet truly heartfelt realization of how awesome my liberal, guilt-ridden, Native-Americans-Were-Screwed-Over-By-White-Folks-And-Continue-To-Get-Screwed-Over-By-The-Rest-Of-America-For-All-Of-Time-aware education was. It’s the little things in life like slapping the native population in the face, then celebrating the one time you “condescended” to eat with the natives cuz let’s face it, they had all the food anyways, that makes you sit up and realize what a great nation America is.
Anyways, it’s always interesting celebrating this holiday from an Asian-American point of view, emphasis on the American part. We’ve got the kimchi next to the turkey and the shrimp tempura next to the greenbean casserole.
But it’s not just the food. It’s the sharp divide between our parents’ generation and us kids. We’ve had two Caucasian significant others at our Asian bonanza within the last several years, and chances are it’ll only get “worse”. If I ever leave my shell and actually start dating some of these nice geeks I meet all over the place. And if my brother ever gets serious about his long-term, on and off gal pal.
My wishlist for Friday will probably include a laptop, Seasons 1 & 2 of Terminator: SCC, Pushing Daisies, and Star Trek Reboot. Also, it looks as though the best way to celebrate my birthday might be with a Disney movie.
I apparently FAIL at life. Still got three papers due Monday, and now am behind on a story. And my sleep schedule is insanely not right.
I’m pretty sure my professors are all either hating me or disappointed in me at this point.
Things are falling apart. I’m watching it all fall apart, and all I have to do is hold it together with my hands, and I’m not moving.
This is not pain. This is motherfucking stupidity in the most motherfucking insane way.